Sarah Hughes, I can´t thank you enough! It was very kind of you to nominate me for the Liebster Award!
You can see Sarah´s blog here https://sarahhugheslifecoach.wordpress.com/, and be inspired by her writing challenges, and her views of this free gift we have called life. 🙂
I gladly answer the question placed by my nominator:
1. Where were you born?
I was born in Portugal, in the small town of Marinha Grande. It is a sunny country!
2. Name your three favorite movies of all time.
Well, the first, has to be Gone with the Wind. I saw it so many times I almost memorized the lines :), it was a determination and resilience builder to me. The second is The Sound of Music, a great movie to grow up with, it is a happy movie 🙂 it transmitted simple, but indispensable principles and respect between people, and the great values of God and family. The third is A Woman of Substance, an inspiration for me as a woman, although Emma goes a bit far sometimes 🙂
3. What is your favorite pastime and why?
One of my serious problems it that I like a lot of things, and that is a good thing. It is a bad thing because my span of attention is divided between them, and sometimes we have to concentrate more on a few chosen things in order to deepen our knowledge and mastery over them. So I have to pick one…and I pick swimming!
4. Describe your favorite vacation and where it was.
My favorite vacation was in Algarve. The summer there was delicious that year, plently of sun, plenty of water, plenty of rest. We were near Spain, so we went to Madrid, there one of the things I remember the most, was El Corte Inglès, the beauty department 🙂 I remember entering the department and feel at home and crazy, at the same time, in a pleasant kind of way, with the marvelous smells there. My family went to see the other departments, I stayed right there, without knowing which side to turn. 🙂 I love beauty products and perfumes (hey, a woman has to be a woman…).
5. If a famous person were to read your blog, who would you like it to be?
I would like it to be Barbara Taylor Bradford, my favorite novelist.
6. What is your favorite flower?
7. If you could dance like nobody was watching, what song would you dance to?
I would dance to Peter Tchaikovsky, Swan Lake.
8. Are you a city or a countryside person and why?
Both. Both have good and bad things. I was raised in the countryside, stating it better, in a small city with a lot of countryside, and seaside. I loved it. It allowed me to have contact with nature, with the sea. And these are two thing indispensable and nonnegotiable in my life. It is were I breath fresh air in my lungs and in my mind and heart. It is a lonesome place though. And I am a lonely person that concluded that she must reach for others, that must establish relationships. So…I moved to a district that corners the country capital, Lisbon. If I want to, I could be downtown in twenty minutes. And there I have concrete, traffic, pollution, and the annoyance of having to deal with the Sex and the City snobbish and futile persons. Mind you, there are plenty of other that do not fit that stereotype. But they are not annoying. :). In the big city I have the big universities, the better job opportunities, the most interesting museums. It is a great place for a young person to live. When I am in need of nature, I go to some gardens here (I have them checked already) and for now that is going fine.
9. What is your favorite animal?
The cat 🙂
10. What advice would your teenage self give your current self?
I would advise you to age gracefully, drink plenty of water, be happy because the most beautiful persons are the ones that are happy, independently of the circumstances, maintain your curiosity for the world around you, read a lot, write a lot, and be grateful every day for God´s gift of live (and my parents :), of course), end every day writing a list of the things you were grateful for that day.
Here are my nominations for the Liebster Award. I have been asked to nominate 5 to 11 other bloggers who I feel are worthy of this award. Also to let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can also nominate the person who nominated you.
Since I can nominate the person who nominated me, here it goes Sarah: https://sarahhugheslifecoach.wordpress.com/
If you accept, here are my ten questions for you:
1. Why do you blog? What drives you?
2. What is your blogging routine?
3. What message do you want to transmit?
4. Who is your audience?
5. What do you want people to know about you?
6. What has been your biggest challenge in life?
7. Give some piece of advice to your fellow bloggers.
8. What makes you happy?
9. Tell us about a dream come true.
10. Tell us about a dream you want to come true.
11. Where do you want to be 5 years from now?
Thanks for having accepted the challenge!
Here are the Award rules to follow:
Once you are nominated, make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you.
– Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post too.
– Nominate 5 – 11 other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can also nominate the person who nominated you.
– Ensure all of these bloggers have less than 200 followers.
– Answer the ten questions asked to you by the person who nominated you, and make eleven questions of your own for your nominees.
– Lastly, COPY these rules in the post.